Jumpin right in to the Quake-age
1. The whole deployment thing is becoming very real, and it’s hard/weird to see Josh pack up his stuff. But I don’t want to dwell on the negative. There are some really great things I’m learning
– I’m learning to just LET THE HOUSE BE MESSY. Right now I have a choice: spend time cleaning or spend time with my husband. I choose the latter, and in that I have to relinquish control over the random piles of things growing in our living room. It may sound silly to some, this internal battle of mine. But God uses these little things to form me, to work on me. Some days I fight it 🙂 But I’m thankful to see God’s hand in these final moments together before Josh leaves.
– Learning to appreciate Josh’s little quirks (ie the things he does that drive me crazy). I read recently in one of Kimberly Hahn’s books a story of her friend whose husband had passed away. She said that one of the reminders that he was gone was the absence of the little irritations she would experience from her husbands odd habits/etc. Obviously deployment is very different from death – but for many months there will be an absence of those little irritations and in that, I will miss him. So I’m learning to appreciate the left open dishwasher, the towels draped over any random door, the pile of papers on the counter, the clothes left on the floor, the cutting board and knife left on the counter, the relentless flossing… which really plays into the first lesson I learned about just letting things be messy! Just letting my husband be messy. (not that I do this perfectly, I have my moments where I freak out).
To sum it up:
2. Well the one above was like a 3 in 1 so I’ll skip 2. and give you a break.
3. Have you seen Molly’s blog – Creativity Blueprint? I’m a fan. From crocheting to recipes and life updates, Molly is insightful and lovely.
4. TWO WEEKS UNTIL JAVI AND SARAH GET MARRIED Y’ALL. Um. WHAT!?
5. Do not watch the new Miley Cyrus music video if you haven’t already. I had no idea what the content would be and it was horrifying/creepy/inappro all around. Spare yourself.
6. Doing another shipment of eco-friendly, reusable pads for women in Malawi! Going to send the package off today – a huge thanks to shannon and barb for being ALL STARS and sewing about 40 shields/80 liners between the two of them. Amazing.
7. Pictures from Joe and Theresa’s wedding! Congrats! Beautiful wedding, good times had by all.