that all of a sudden it’s mid April and I have neglected any sort of writing for fun. Probably because my brain has been sucked dry by the exciting literature and essays I’ve been hanging out with for the last 8 months. I decided to do a 7 quick takes in order to try and resurrect my creative writing skills…
1. Nathaniel Hawthorne’s The Blithedale Romance? Less than wonderful. Better than Edmund Spenser’s Faerie Queen? Yes.
2. Becca and I spent a week reading Style, Sex and Substance aloud to each other. This usually took form of me sitting in the bathroom while Becca got ready, over a cup of coffee, or lazing in bed (perchance a combo of all three). Perhaps a more thorough review will come…but currently we are still mourning that we’ve already completed the book.
3. Josh is doing well in Ohio. He has reminded me that he would in fact be, “face down in a ditch without me.” Translation: I miss you and your positive influence in my life. Also the food you make me.
4. After Easter Vigil Becca and I had people over. We played Catch Phrase, Mad Gab and Apples to Apples until 4 AM. Living. It. Up.
5. Since Josh has been gone (almost three weeks) I have only used a half a tank of gas. Which is fortunate, because I don’t know how to pump gas. (It’s illegal in Oregon, and I’ve never owned a car in another state until now.)
6. Have you checked out the blog Camp Patton? Just read the most recent “Simon Says” post. Mirth.
7. Here is a short series of photos I took of myself in class the other day in an effort to capture my wide range of emotions (The class only has about 10 people, so this operation was super stealth. And by super stealth I mean that everyone probably noticed and was so uncertain of what was occurring and I why I was making stupid faces at my computer):