That’s Quick Takes for all y’all out there who may not be familiar with the 7 Quick Takes trend that takes place on Fridays. I won’t even pretend that I participate in 7 Quick Takes every week, because obviously I don’t. Mostly because I either forget or I don’t have 7 things that I feel an urgent need to share.
I don’t really have much to share, but I didn’t forget, so I’ll try to scrounge up something to inform and amuse you.
1. Speaking of amusement…Have you read the book Amusing Ourselves to Death? I read it for class a few years ago, and it’s thought provoking and insightful. I’ll leave it at that, but if you happen to pick it up…let’s chat. Exchange letters.
2. Going to an Air Force event tonight. Which means I have a good excuse to bust out a pretty dress on a Friday evening.
3. Came across this beautiful website this week called Made in His Image. From what I’ve observed, it’s full of testimonies about women’s lives who have been transformed in Christ…particularly in regards to body image issues/disorders, and promoting holistic medical treatment for women who endure those disorders. They also have a pinterest account if you want to follow them and their inspiring pins!
4. There’s a new book out called Fill These Hearts: God, Sex and the Universal Longing and I can’t wait to read it. Has anyone read it yet? I went to Christopher West’s talk in Rhode Island called Fill These Hearts, so I’m thinking it’s going to expound upon many of the themes/points he made in his talks – which were full of truth and beauty. Much of what he talks about is how our desires are more important than we think…that our deepest desires as human beings point us to God and reveal His love, and His longing for us. Much more to it, so pick up the book if you get the chance!
5. Um, Downton Abbey. I love you. And I will write a review someday, but have not yet. Until then, I will laugh and giggle at this video of the Dowager Countess.
6. I still haven’t seen Les Mis and I am dying to see it. Any of you have thoughts? Reviews?
7. Josh and I have been jamming to this song lately. I hope that it gives you inspiration and hope as it does for us… Especially as we ponder and pray that ALL human life will be treated with dignity – be it the poor, the unborn, the elderly, minorities, those who struggle with addiction, the physically disabled, or those who struggle with mental illness…may we love all of them. May we love the least of these, as Christ does.
(song was removed form youtube, but it was Kings and Queens by Audio Adrenaline)